Guides is our section for girls aged 10 to 14.
Our programme is full of amazing experiences and adventures, and it will make it easier for you to stay with us from Rainbows right up to Rangers, or you can join us at any time. There are six special themes that you will do activities and badges for.
- Know myself – all about getting to know who you are, and your role in Girlguiding and the wider world.
- Express myself – showing off and sharing your creativity with others.
- Be well – helping you look after your own and others’ physical and mental well-being.
- Have adventures – exploring the outdoors and nature.
- Take action – using your voice to help your local community and the wider world.
- Skills for my future – giving you all the right building blocks for you to become independent and successful in life.
As a Guide you will be able to earn badges, there will be lots of badges for you to work towards, and the same fun activities for you to enjoy every week with your friends.
Unit activities – these are the things you enjoy each week in your unit meetings, either in small groups or with the whole pack.
Skills-builder badges – badges you can earn while having fun in your unit activities. There will be six different stages within each one, so you can start wherever your current level is.
Interest badges – badges you work towards on your own, choosing the things you’re most interested in.
Anniversary badges – there are anniversary badges to celebrate each year and everything you learn by being part of Girlguiding.
Activity theme awards and end of section awards – there will also be special new awards that celebrate your achievement within your section and the six themes. It is a choice whether to work towards them or not.
Would you like to join Guides but can’t make regular meetings? Then our KE Links unit is for you. KE Links allows you to enjoy all the benefits that Guiding can offer without having to attend weekly meetings.