Brownies is our section for girls aged 7 to 10.
Brownies have fun, they learn a lot, go on trips, maybe even on holidays where they have to sleepover, they earn badges, play lots of exciting games and enjoy creating crafts. Brownies learn to work together, help each other and often make friends for life.
The programme is full of amazing experiences and adventures, and it is easy for you to stay with us from Rainbows right up to Rangers. There are six special themes that you will do activities and badges for.
- Know myself – all about getting to know who you are, and your role in Girlguiding and the wider world.
- Express myself – showing off and sharing your creativity with others.
- Be well – helping you look after your own and others’ physical and mental well-being.
- Have adventures – exploring the outdoors and nature.
- Take action – using your voice to help your local community and the wider world.
- Skills for my future – giving you all the right building blocks for you to become independent and successful in life.
You will be able to earn badges, there will be lots of badges for you to work towards, and the same fun activities for you to enjoy every week with your friends.
Unit activities – these are the things you enjoy each week in your unit meetings, either in small groups or with the whole pack.
Skills-builder badges – badges you can earn while having fun in your unit activities. There will be six different stages within each one, so you can start wherever your current level is.
Interest badges – badges you work towards on your own, choosing the things you’re most interested in. Check them out here
Anniversary badges – each year these celebrate everything you learn by being part of Girlguiding.
Activity theme awards and end of section awards – there will also be special new awards that celebrate your achievement within your section and the six themes. You can choose whether you want to work towards them or not.